The foundation of a successful therapeutic experience is a trusting relationship in which the client feels seen, understood, and validated by the therapist. Due to the extremely sensitive and sometimes painful nature of what clients explore, it is only after this relationship is established that the therapeutic journey can progress. While many clients do not know what to expect at the beginning of this journey, they can expect that I as their therapist will be present, genuine, curious, and empowering. Additionally, clients can expect that I will collaborate with them on multiple aspects of therapy as I expect them to be an active participant on their journey. While therapy can be difficult and at times challenging, I will remain consistent and supportive throughout the process.
My Education & Experience
Like many of you who may be reading this, I also have been in a place in life where I felt stuck, relationally challenged, and suffered from constant anxiety. It wasn’t until I began embarking upon my own healing journey that I became aware that life did not have to be this way. Through my own healing (which still continues!) not only had I discovered my true self and began living consciously, I had the invaluable experience of receiving unconditional support and acceptance from another individual.
The experience of having been a participant in my own healing journey has truly allowed me to see what courage and vulnerability it takes to be in that position. I strive to provide clients with a sacred space in which they are able to slowly build trust and be seen for who they truly are without fear of judgment, punishment, or abandonment.
If you feel that you are ready to embark upon this conscious journey, I would love to hear from you. Let’s get started!
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist CO, 0001449
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist NV, 01410
- 2023: Certification Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy Provider
- 2013: Masters of Science, Marriage and Family Therapy, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- 2011: Bachelors of Arts, Psychology, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Lindsay, A., Hite, A., Byington, T., Minggen, L., & Sigman-Grant, M. (2012, April). Incongruence between mother perceptions and preschooler’s actual weight status using BMI Categories The Official Journal of the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology, 26 (1) doi: 2012 26:1011.12
- Schafer, K. J., Warren, C. S., & Allec, A. (2010, August). Burnout in therapists with a history of an eating disorder. Poster presented at the American Psychological Association annual convention, San Diego, CA
- Allec, A., Schafer, K. J., & Warren, C. S. (2009, November). Treating patients with eating disorders: An examination of therapist burnout. Poster presented at the Psi Chi Undergraduate Research Conference, Las Vegas, NV.
- Private Practices: Conscious Journey Services/Alicia R Hite Therapy
- Peak Psychological Services
- Desert Hope Drug and alcohol Treatment facility
- Insightful Living
- Western High School/Imagine Schools @ Mountain View
- Clinical Solutions
- UNLV’s Center for Individual, Couple, and Family Counseling
Reach out to me today!
Please complete the form below to schedule an appointment.
I will try my best to accommodate your request and will be in touch ASAP.